1. Nursing Cover - All moms who nurse need one of these. They're $30 at many stores, but you can make one for a fraction using fabric of your preference! (This is the only craft in this post that I have not made--but I do have one of these nursing covers and it was one of the most essential baby items I received!)
2. Diaper Cake - Perfect as a gorgeous gift or as a unique centerpiece at a baby shower.
3. Burp Cloths - This is a great sewing project for beginners and the results are professional and oh-sew-satisfying! (Forgive my pun...)
4. Appliqued Tie Onesies (or try my no-sew version)
5. Itty Bitty Baby Dress - A sewing project suitable for "advanced beginners". I made this one for my sweet little Elliott. She wore it once. Go figure.
6. Stardust Shoes - Cute little accessory! Use coordinating fabric from your tie applique onesies or itty bitty baby dress to make the perfect gift set for a little boy or girl.